Urban Decay Naked Palette 2
This amazing, cult product was given to me by my darling brother as a Christmas gift. They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but cosmetics are a fairly good substitute in my eyes!
I have used the palette twice over the festive season, however, I have no photos at the moment. I promise to post some photos of me wearing the eyeshadow as soon as I take some (providing I do a decent job 🙂 ).
The hype surrounding the Urban Decay Palettes is perfectly justified. This little beauty contains 12 taupe and greige neutrals, with a mix of matt and shimmer finishes and with the colours ranging from a nude oyster shade to the blackest black. Here’s a list of the colours that Naked Palette 2 contains:
- Blackout – blackest black with matte finish
- Booty Call – shimmery pale nude
- Busted – deep brown – shimmery finish
- Chopper – copper shimmer with silver micro glitter
- Foxy – cream bisque – matte finish
- Half Baked – golden bronze – shimmery finish
- Pistol – light greyish brown – shimmery finish
- Snake Bite – dark bronze shimmer with a strong metallic base
- Suspect – pale golden beige – shimmery finish
- Tease – creamy pale brown – matte finish
- Verve – oyster with a shimmery finish
- YDK – cool bronze shimmer with a metallic base
My top three favourites from the palette are:
1. Blackest Black – it is just so dramatic and doubles up as a strong, eye-popping liner too.
2. Busted – the strong brown pigmentation really flatters blue eyes, making your eye-colour more intense.
3. Snakebite – gives a sexier twist on the usual smoky-brown eye, a little more daring and has a gorgeous metallic and shimmery finish.
I watched the following YouTube makeup tutorial by Pixiwoo for some inspiration and tips on achieving the perfect Cheryl Cole-esque subtle smokey eye. It’s an amazing tutorial which makes it easy for us eyeshadow amateurs, definitely worth a watch and the eyeshadows in the Naked Palette allow you to achieve the look that Sam creates.
The palette is made up of a sturdy metal box which contains a handy mirror, a double ended brush with one end for shading and the other end for blending, 12 gorgeous eyeshadows and a fabulous, subtle pink lipgloss. I know many Naked Palette fans were disappointed that Urban Decay changed this from the eyeshadow primer that the Naked Palette 1 contained, but as a lipgloss fanatic, I couldn’t be happier with this little bonus!
Have you got your hands on the Naked Palette 1 or 2? What are your favourite shades?
Available in Debenhams stores nationwide and online at Debenhams.co.uk