Summer Skin Saviour – Eight Hour Cream
For years I had heard amazing things about Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream, I have no idea why, but it wasn’t until this year that I finally purchased it and now it’s safe to say, I am an official member of the Eight Hour Cream Cult!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour® Cream is a legendary, award-winning skin protectant that does more than soothe sun-burned skin, rehydrate chapped lips, and heal rough elbows and calluses. It’s also the secret that makeup artists all over the world use for keeping legs, lips and eyelids shiny; eyebrows in place; and cuticles perfectly manicured.
There are an infinite number of ways to use this classic cream, I’ve been using it to soothe dry skin in during this heatwave, to hydrate my lips and also to soften my cuticles but here are 8 great ones from Elizabeth Arden:
1. SKIN SAVER – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations, including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. SHINE FACTOR – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs – Will be trying this at the weekend!
3. EYE OPENER – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day – I tried this one today and it works a treat!
4. CUTICLE CONDITIONER – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured – Also tried and tested by moi, amazing results!
5. TREAT FOR FEET – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
6. AFTER-SUN SOOTHER – With its legendary soothing and moisturizing benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin – My chin got a little sunburnt and Eight Hour totally soothed and hydrated it, back to normal in just 48 hours.
7. FLIGHT TOOL – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Pack this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. LEG WEAR – Great for an après shave or après wax treatment. This classic cream calms irritation, reduces redness and leaves legs super-smooth and silky-soft – Have used it after waxing and it really does reduce redness and calm the skin.
THE LEGEND Created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden herself to soothe skin, Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant became an instant and overwhelming success. What made it so effective? A combination of petrolatum, a skin-soothing beta-hydroxy – debuting in one of its first cosmetic uses – and vitamin E. The apricot-colored balm was so beneficial to her clients that Miss Arden even used it to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses’ legs. Even its name came about thanks to a remarkable performance – a loyal client used it to treat her child’s skinned knee and “Eight Hours” later, the skin was all better. As seen on The Today Show and Rachael Ray.
My tip: If you haven’t tried it – DO!
Available in Boots stores nationwide.